Halloween Competition - Terms and Conditions
Halloween Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern “The Halloween Competition (“Prize Draw”) and apply to you as far as the law permits so read them carefully.
2. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Vibrant Partnerships (Promoter). Vibrant Partnerships is a trading name of Lee Valley Leisure Trust Limited, a charitable registered society (registration no. 32275R) whose registered office is at Myddelton House, Bulls Cross, Enfield, Middlesex EN2 9HG.
3. The Prize(s):
The winner will win a family pass which allows entry for two adults and up to three children, including a special animal handling session with one of our dedicated team. The Winner will be responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from the Event as well as any accommodation or other expenses related to the enjoyment of the Prize.
Can I enter this Competition?
4. The Competition/ is open to UK residents aged 18 years and over. The Prize shall be dispatched to a valid UK postal address only. Entrants who cease to fulfil any of these criteria at any time prior to the award of a prize will be disqualified, even if they met the criteria at the time of entry.
5. No purchase or entry fee is necessary to enter this Competition/Prize Draw.
6. The Competition/Prize Draw is not open to any Vibrant Partnerships’ employees or those who have been involved in setting up or running this Competition/Prize Draw.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which the entrant must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or to disqualify the entrant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition/Prize Draw or won using fraudulent means.
8. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
9. Any entries which contain abusive, inappropriate or offensive language will be disqualified from the Competition/Prize Draw.
How do I enter the Competition/Prize Draw?
10. To enter the Prize Draw, you must have an active Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account, be following the Lee Valley Park Farms Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page and share your carved pumpkin picture using the hashtag #PumkinPic, tagging in Lee Valley Park Farms on the respective social media platform.
11. The Competition/Prize Draw opens at 10:00am on Saturday 20 October 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on Sunday 4 November 2018. Any entries received after 11:59pm on Sunday 4 November 2018 will not be entered into the Competition/Prize Draw. [The closing date for the receipt of entries is Sunday 4 November 2018. Entries received outside this time period and date will not be considered.]
12. You may enter the Competition/Prize Draw only once and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
How are the winners selected?
13. The Winner will be selected at random from all valid entries under the supervision of an independent person. The draw will take place after the Competition closes on or around Monday 5 November 2018. [The first entrant whose names are drawn will be the winning entrant (“the Winning Entrants”).]
14. Each Winning Entrant may win a maximum of one Prize. If their name should be selected twice, the Winning Entrant shall be deemed to have won the first Prize against which their name was drawn and no more.
15. If the Prize offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter can offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
16. The Winner shall be notified via their Instagram or Twitter account by close of business on Tuesday 6 November 2018. If the Winner does not respond within 2 days of being notified, then the Prize shall be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner. In the event the Winner rejects the Prize or the entry is found to be invalid or in breach of the Terms and Conditions, the Winner’s prize shall be forfeited and the Promoter shall select another winner.
What else do you need to know? Legal Information
17. The Winning Entrant(s) may be asked to agree to the use of their name, image and location to be used in any publicity, advertising, marketing or promotional materials reasonably requested by the Promoter.
18. Neither the Promoter or their group companies and contractors will not be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered, arising out of organising or holding this Competition/Prize Draw or as a result of your participation in the Competition/Prize Draw and any activities the Winning Entrants and their guest/s undertake during participation in the Event and whilst travelling to and from the Event, or as a result of your winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of any prize including one of the Prizes, or if the Competition/Prize Draw does not run as planned. This clause does not seek to exclude the liability of either the Promoter and its group companies and contractors for (a) death or personal injury caused by the Promoter and its group companies and contractors negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for the Promoter and its group companies and contractors to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
19. Vibrant Partnerships shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside of its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, terrorist attack, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
20. The Promoter can change these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Competition/Prize Draw at its discretion and without incurring liability as a result. The Promoter reserves the right to void, cancel, amend or suspend the promotion where necessary with or without notice.
21. The Promoter is committed to protecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide personal information, the Promoter will treat that information in accordance with our Privacy Notice and current Data Protection legislation. For further details please read our Privacy Notice at www.vibrantpartnerships.co.uk/privacy.
22. You consent to your data being stored, transferred and processed in the United Kingdom or overseas by the Promoter, its group companies and its authorised third parties for the purpose of administering this Competition/Prize Draw and to contact you if you win one of the Prizes and to organise its delivery.
23. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence in relation to the Promoter’s exercise of its rights in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be entered into.
24. These Terms and Conditions and any disputes arising from them are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
25. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of the Terms and Conditions does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms and Conditions.